Welcome to our career page!
Our goal is to provide the best patient care and quality veterinary medicine. We have an amazing team right now and we focus on finding staff that will fit in and add positively to our current dynamic while providing excellent service to our clients and patients. What this means for you:
- Must be able to participate in friendly conversations and laugh often. Sense of humor strongly desired (i.e. professional but not too serious).
- Do you like social media? Great! We want you to add to ours.
- Do you enjoy games like Apples to Apples or Cards Against Humanity? We have Vets Against Insanity and enjoy playing it from time to time.
- Up for some friendly competition? Last summer we played yard games to win a robot vacuum and other fun stuff.
- Are you helpful? Do you like to go out of your way to do something extra for someone else (coworker, client, patient, etc.)? We have a Wall of Good Deeds we’d like to put you on - no good deed goes unnoticed and every good deed gets you into a drawing to win a prize at staff meetings.
- Must be willing/interested in team activities such as: fancy dinners at delicious local-ish restaurants, Easter egg hunt, Secret Santa, parking lot BBQ, etc.
- You must be comfortable with gross, dirty, and smelly and be willing to clean anything without hesitation.
- Do you like copious amounts of coffee and pizza? You'll fit in great. Qdoba is also a popular choice among staff. [Always with alternative options for anyone who has restrictions/preferences of course!]
- Accepting of change and be willing to learn with an open mind and optimistic attitude. We try to be a progressive clinic and keep up with the latest technologies, trends, and always practice the best medicine with strong emphasis on our patient’s behavior (fear, anxiety, & stress).
- Lastly, and most importantly: you must be able to communicate effectively. Our ideal employee will be able to ask questions, give feedback, make suggestions, accept constructive criticism, and speak up when something may not be going well or as effectively as it could be. Be able to ask for what you need, help from others, and utilize Assistants appropriately.
Here's a bit about us: We're a privately owned, 2.5 doctor, small animal practice. We're located just West of the Twin Cities metro in a really cute small-town community with the "big city" stuff just a short drive away. Ultimately we're hoping to ADD another DVM and 1-2 more CVTs to our thriving and growing clinic.
We genuinely believe that that our patient's mental health is just as important as their physical health so we will pay to have you become certified in Low Stress Handling and Fear Free.
Do you need benefits? We have all the things, and we think we are quite generous, too. Some benefits we offer our staff include: paid time off, health/dental insurance, retirement + matching, allowances for uniforms, pet care and education, bonus opportunities, and more! Benefits will vary depending on part-time or full-time status.
Lastly, some additional qualifications we look for in all positions:
- Reliable attendance
- Ability to learn and follow low-stress handling techniques
- Outstanding communication and teamwork skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 40# independently
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task appropriately
- Flexible scheduling including occasional opening, closing and rotating Saturday shifts
For consideration of employment, please submit a resume and cover letter explaining what interests you most about St. Boni Pet Hospital, what you are looking for in your next position, and availability to work to our Practice Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome any individual who is compassionate, enthusiastic about their work, and eager to join any of our positions; we are always looking for someone who will work hard, communicate effectively, and contribute positively to our amazing team!
Please see below for application instructions.