Welcome to our career page!
At St Boni Pet Hospital we have a goal to provide the best patient care and quality veterinary medicine. We have an amazing team of dedicated and hardworking individuals. When we hire staff we not only look at experience, qualifications, and skill level, we also work hard to find staff that will fit into and add positively to our current culture that will provide excellent service to our clients and patients. As a potential candidate, this is what you can expect:
- Must be able to participate in friendly conversations and laugh often. Sense of humor strongly desired (i.e. professional but not too serious).
- Do you like social media? Great! We want you to add to ours.
- Do you enjoy games like Apples to Apples or Cards Against Humanity? We have Vets Against Insanity and enjoy playing it from time to time.
- Up for some friendly competition? Last summer we played yard games to win a robot vacuum and other fun stuff.
- Are you helpful? Do you like to go out of your way to do something extra for someone else (coworker, client, patient, etc.)? We have a Wall of Good Deeds we’d like to put you on – no good deed goes unnoticed and every good deed gets you into a drawing to win a prize at staff meetings.
- Must be willing/interested in team activities such as: fancy dinners at delicious local-ish restaurants, Easter egg hunt, Secret Santa, parking lot BBQ, etc.
- You must be comfortable with gross, dirty, and smelly and be willing to clean anything without hesitation.
- Do you like copious amounts of coffee and pizza? You’ll fit in great. Qdoba is also a popular choice among staff. [Always with alternative options for anyone who has restrictions/preferences of course!]
- Accepting of change and be willing to learn with an open mind and optimistic attitude. We try to be as progressive as possbile by keeping up with the latest technologies, trends, and always practice the best medicine with strong emphasis on our patient’s behavior (fear, anxiety, & stress).
- Lastly, and most importantly: you must be able to communicate effectively. Our ideal employees will be able to ask questions, give feedback, make suggestions, accept constructive criticism, and speak up when something may not be going well or as effectively as it could be. Be able to ask for what you need, help from others, and (for CVTs and DVMs) utilize Assistants appropriately.
Here’s a bit about us: We’re a 3 doctor practice that sees canines and felines exclusively. We’re located just West of the Twin Cities metro in a really cute small-town community with the “big city” stuff just a short drive away. We’re a growing clinic so our hiring and staffing needs change regularly.
We genuinely believe that that our patient’s mental health is just as important as their physical health so we will pay to have you become certified in Low Stress Handling and Fear Free.
Do you need benefits? We have all the things, and we think we are quite generous, too. Some benefits we offer our staff include: paid time off, health/dental insurance, retirement + matching, allowances for uniforms, pet care and education, bonus opportunities, and more! Benefits will vary depending on part-time or full-time status.
Lastly, some additional qualifications we look for in all positions:
- Reliable attendance
- Ability to learn and follow low-stress handling techniques
- Outstanding communication and teamwork skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 40lbs independently
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task appropriately
- Flexible scheduling including occasional opening and closing
We welcome any individual who is compassionate, enthusiastic about their work, and eager to join any of our positions; we are always looking for someone who will work hard, communicate effectively, and contribute positively to our amazing team!
Call us or schedule an
Meet with a doctor for an
Put a plan together for